North Face Storm Break 3 – Tent Review
8/10 Would recommend this tent, now let me tell you why-
And believe me!
This tent has seen a lot!!
This particular tent has been through snow, rain, freezing temperatures, warmer than usual days, high winds, and all the in-between while camping!
Never once have we seen a zipper or seam leak any water and it has always served us well in rain! I would also say that this tent is very spacious for two people (three would be a tight fit but still possible in a bind)!
Features we love:
- This tent has two VERY good sized vestibules (vestibules = a fancy word for basically a mudroom that extends outside of your tent to store gear, shoes, and even backpacks when it’s not raining).
- It is sooooo easy to pitch this tent. Takes us 3 mins probably and that is great for when you are in awful weather and just for ease!
- It’s a backpacking tent and is very compact!
- This is a 3 season tent and has never leaked in multiple storms, it has with stood winter weather of below 20 degrees, 20-45 mph wind gusts, and you can stay cozy inside while all this incliment weather is happening.
- We love the gear storage canopy on top, as well as, the pockets on the sides for even more organization.
- The price point! For an entry-mid level tent this is a great value! We don’t plan on purchasing another tent of this size any time soon!
Features we would change:
- The stakes the tent came with lasted one trip and that is all! So I recommend purchasing some higher quality stakes before your trip!
- Some small condensation during colder nights pools at the top of the rainfly and can/does drip on you occasionally in the morning hours.
- A lot of people have said that it is too cramped for 3 people, I will second that like I said above. It would be difficult and probably a tight squeeze but possible doable with 3 smaller people.
Overall, I did a ton of research on tents before I decided this was the one for us! Of course it might not work for everyone. I recommend taking what I said into consideration and taking the time to look at what is right for you!